The Fashion Outlet Expansion project began in July of 2012. In the first phase we did the asbestos abatement and demolition of 170 mobile homes in Sabre Park. In October 2013 we were awarded the site-work and brownfield cleanup at the Fashion Outlets. All field men had to be environmentally trained to work on the brownfield portion of the project. We worked with Langan Engineering and Macerich on the brownfield investigation in June, prior to this award. The project spans 41 acres of land, includes three ponds, parking lots that wrap around the new and existing mall structures, a new service road, a new turning lane on Military road, and excavation and backfill for the foundations and concrete for the new buildings. The entire job is set to be completed by late October 2014. This project has provided work for approximately 12 local subcontractors in the area.
- PM – Ken Burgio
- Assistant PM – Katie Hoelsher
- Chief Estimator – Jeff Salvatore
- Site Superintendent – Jeff Rodino
- Three Contracts: Environmental (Prime); Base Civil (Prime); and Ciminelli (Sub)
- The expansion includes: new paving, utilities, landscaping, lighting, striping, and clay-lined ponds for storm water retention; demolition of existing Mini Storage Building and site prep for New Mini Storage building; new paving and parking around the Elks Lodge; underground utility work under the new building; and a new service road on the south side of the mall behind the existing portion of the mall.
- Existing exterior improvements include: all new sidewalks in front of existing storefronts on South side; milling existing parking lot; paving, lights, landscaping, and striping; new DOT approved turning lane into the North entrance on the South side of the mall.
- We will also be installing a new traffic control electrical loop on the North exit ramp from I-90 to Niagara Falls Boulevard.